UX astronaut, documentarian, book hoarder, stargazer
I’m inspired by: opportunities to innovate, critical projects with massive scope, data (and analysis), collaborative design, usability testing, identifying and reducing friction for the user, problem identification, and calculated risk.
I want to explore more: expanding interaction design to emerging technologies; connected spaces (IoT); haptic and auditory feedback; advanced robotics, intelligent materials, additive manufacturing, and psychosocial impacts of disruptive technologies on individual and group interactions with developing technologies.
Moved to Portland in December 2018, and I stand firm in my belief that Pluto is a planet (but is not related to my relocation).
Resume and “User Guide”
“User Guide” to Mia Lin – get to know me a bit better!
High-fidelity Interactive Axure Prototypes
Variable Data (User-Input Data) Interface Concept Usability Testing
- This prototype shows a rapid iterative high-fidelity prototype of v-data interface changes I conceived of to improve usability as a +1 for the 2014 product page redesign project.
- Current v-data on JCP.com is text-field entry only. For example, for monogramming, the shopper must type “A” for red, 2 for cursive, etc., and none of the imagery is clickable, which has become a common pattern. (see sample of custom blinds V-data input form).
- These text-input methods create a potentially confusing experience and unnecessary friction when a series of smart and interactive selectors would help immensely, especially when the variable data wasn’t something as complex as a name but instead was a preexisting set of variables like “inside” or “outside”.
Sephora PDP/Checkout Usability Testing
- Project was to test incorporation of Sephora product features into JCP.com’s current interface (up to 250 swatches, ingredients at SKU level, etc. to ensure minimal changes to the product page were acceptable for the user and enabled them to purchase Sephora products on JCP.com.
http://h9zluc.axshare.com | password: $ephora
- In early 2014 JCP considered implementing a quick-view modal with the same information as exists on the product page. A prototype was built, but the project never got off the ground.
http://1p6mnk.axshare.com | password: Kwik
Wires & Designs
VitaminT (contract) (2017)
- IA work: Axure prototype I architected, rigged, and then tested with 10 WV customers – a complete redesign of travel product checkout.
- Cart/Checkout Redesign Concept (2016)
- Delivery Date Selection GUI for “Project Silver”, JCPenney Appliance Sales Online
- Sephora Product Details Page (PDP) Design
- Ensemble/Product Collection Details Page – Parent Page Raw Design
- Ensemble/Product Collection Details Page – Child Page Raw Design
- Ensemble/Product Collection Details Page – Parent Page Usability Test Design (w/ input from Business)
UX Lead for “Project Silver”, JCP’s integration of appliances into the current site
- Lo-fi Wireframe for Home Page Redesign Implementing Content Strategy (see also AA.com Content Strategy Documentation)
- Proposed “Aadvantage Top Drawer” – Cold State, Dark Version (contribution: concept, content organization and prioritization)
- Proposed “Aadvantage Top Drawer” – Authenticated State, Dark Version (contribution: concept, content organization and prioritization)
- Basic Informational Page Layout – International Redesign
- General Information Landing Page Layout – International Redesign
- Category Page Layout – International Redesign
- Happy-Path Flows for Silver Phase I
- Competitive Analysis Flows for Silver Phase I
- Happy-Path Flows for Silver Phase II (2016)
Taxonomies & Content Strategy
- Taxonomy Suggestions for Causeit.Org
- aa.com Strategic Taxonomy – full site
- aa.com Travel Information Taxonomy – category-level
Research & Documentation
I wrote the copy for all documentation below:
- In-process CREW research with customers & users for unified implementation tools
- Left-Navigation study launched through User Zoom
- Online Leasing Test plan co-created with jr. designer (teach her how to create and run an effective usability study)
- Copy Style Guide (one of my initiatives at RP)
- Inclusive Access(ibility) initiative work –
- Competitive Analysis in Secret War Room for Project Silver Phase I
- Competitive Analysis – “Add To Cart” Buttons of 72 major retailers (12/2015)
- Executive Presentation of UX Recommendations for Project Silver Phase I
- Executive Competitive Analysis Presentation for Silver Phase I
- Team Presentation of unforseen issues incorporating Sephora Taxonomy into JCP.com’s